Frontier Silicon’s IR 2.10 connected audio software, part of the UNDOK platform, enables Multi-room speaker synchronization with a range of music sources unique to Frontier Silicon technology, including Spotify Connect, Bluetooth, UPnP, USB, Internet radio, DAB/DAB+ and FM radio.
The software has been designed for the Venice 6.5 connected audio module and its Jupiter 6.5 and 6.5S reference platforms as part of the UNDOK connected audio ecosystem. The Jupiter 6.5S is displayless (Headless User Interface - HUI) and the Jupiter 6.5 platform presents the Enhanced User Interface (EUI) with full graphic support display (colour display supported with premium Venice 6.5 module).
IR 2.10 offers full control of the network audio system to an external processor over Frontier’s FSAPI and FSCCP communications interface. IR 2.10 is supplied with full host-side reference source code and compliance test suites to ensure the quickest time-to-market. The radio and multi-room functions can also be controlled via UNDOK, the Android/iOS Smart Device app controller for the UNDOK ecosystem.
- Spotify Connect - premium Spotify Connect service access with auto-login, and presets
- Music player for playback of USB or network-stored library of music files - supports MP3, AAC/AAC+, WMA, FLAC, LPCM, WAV, and ALAC
- DAB and DAB+ digital radio - with Dl Plus, accessing a wide choice of broadcast channels free-to-air
- FM with RDS - (Radio Data System, including extended latin character set)
- Aux in - for external music sources such as MP3 players
- Internet Radio - with play/stop control and presets available (over 13 000 stations and podcasts)
- MPEG DASH streaming technique support for BBC on-demand/podcasts.
- AirPlay - Audio client for wireless streaming from Apple devices
- DLNA/UPnP compatible - DMP and DMR