Kino 4 is the latest generation of low-power integrated digital radio system-on-chip (SoC). It is a fully integrated single chip radio receiver SoC containing RF tuner, baseband, application processor, audio decode and DAC functionality.
Kino 4 has been designed to power all major categories of consumer digital radio device from simple portable digital radios to home audio systems in either a master or slave configuration.
Containing a number of innovative technologies to optimise power consumption,
Kino 4 uses up to 50% less power than the previous generation Kino 3 chips. The high level of integration such as built-in voltage regulators help to reduce the system component count and keep BoM costs to a minimum as well as reducing manufacturing time.
Kino 4 is Digital Tick compliant. The on-chip multi-band RF tuner and processor operate in the following RF bands; LW/MW/SW, FM, DAB-III and DAB-L.
Summary of Benefits
- Enhanced performance and functionality
- Up to 50% lower power consumption than the previous generation Kino 3
- Reduced cost
- Designed to power all major categories of digital radio device
- Supports all major digital radio broadcast standards
- Supports all digital and FM radio frequencies