Siena is Frontier Silicon’s reduced form factor module based on the highly integrated Kino 4-Lite digital radio System on a Chip (SoC).
With no bulky connector (the module is soldered directly to the application PCB) Siena is the world’s smallest DAB/DAB+/FM radio module. Designed to provide digital radio functionality to customer products, Siena offers a high-performance, low-cost solution to a wide range of digital audio products. Siena can be incorporated in to customer audio systems acting as a slave digital radio system for host MCUs or as the master processor in an entry price point product.
In addition to enabling reduced system cost, Siena introduces a host of state-of-the-art technologies to optimise power consumption, RF and audio performance to provide a market leading end-user experience.
- UART/SCB (I2C compatible) control interface
- On-chip audio DAC with analogue output
- Digital audio output – I2S (slave mode only)
- SCB (I2C compatible) interface
- Keypad and rotary encoder support
- Configurable general purpose I/O (GPIO)
- Multi-purpose ADCs and PDM/PWM out