Verona 2 is Frontier Silicon’s latest DAB/DAB+/FM custom digital radio module, designed to enable Digital Tick compliant products, using the new, highly integrated Kino 4 digital radio System on a Chip (SoC).
Designed to provide a high-performance, low-cost solution to a wide range of digital radio products, Verona 2 can be configured in master-mode for stand-alone portable, clock or smart device radios and slave-mode for audio systems with a host MCU.
In addition to enabling reduced system cost, Verona 2 introduces a host of state-of-the-art technologies to optimise power consumption, RF and audio performance.
Verona 2 is a single-sided assembly built onto a 2-layer printed circuit board (1.6mm thick). Maximum component height is 2mm
The module provides all interfaces necessary for a fully functional digital radio speaker system with digital/analogue radio, needing only power supply, display, keypad, audio amplifier and speakers to complete a product.
- USB 2.0 Full Speed device/host (12 Mbit/s)
- UART/SCB (I2C compatible) control interface
- Analogue audio output
- Digital audio output – I2S or S/PDIF
- SSI (SPI compatible) and SCB (I2C compatible) interfaces
- Keypad and rotary encoder support
- Infrared remote control
- Configurable general purpose I/O (GPIO)
- Multi-purpose ADCs and PDM/PWM out
- Option for F-Type antenna connector